Home Forums Technical Issues & Bugs Installation Issues Not able to Load the game!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Luminence Labs Luminence Labs 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Skipjack
    Participant

Janno and I are very good friends. I DO intend, if possible, to play THIS game.
    I have installed the BlueStacks apps as recommended. I intend to play this game on my Laptop not a mobile device. When I go to the ProjectY download site all the options for devices are mobiles that I do not have…One says TMobile US Samsung GT N7-100 I do not have a Samsung anything, I am on a laptop and it is not a Samsung. Now, when I go back to the download page, it says ProjectY is installed, however, a search of my computer does not show it installed.

My husband Jim is also interested in playing and he will be playing on a tower with Windows 10 and I would like to make sure ProjectY is WIN10 compatible.

If ProjectY is fun and as cool as Janno says it is, I bring with me a LARGE population (100+) of Kixeye’s War Commander population with me. I am a Senior Moderator for Kixeye games for more than two years and players are looking to me for a new game to go play, since Kixeye games, especially War Commander and Battle Pirates are going under fast.
    We have coin, we like to spend it and have no problem doing so if the game is good, cool and fun, however, most of us are laptop or Alienware Tower computer players…we are older mature people not totally into the mobile game experience…. Help US get this game up and running on our computer and laptops and we will test the hell out of it!!
    I am the computer geek in the circles I run in…so you get me up and running and I will bring more people to ProjectY… I will have live streams and dedicate a LIVE show…if it tickles my fancy and I enjoy it.
    Kind regards, Skipjack
    Female Commander

Luminence Labs
    Luminence Labs

Actually I don’t recommend BlueStacks because it is not officially supported by Google and I never tested the game on BlueStacks. I didn’t even know people are playing it on BlueStacks two weeks ago, only when Janno told me about it I noticed some are using it.

So I have no clue how it is used as I never used it myself, maybe Janno can say how to install it correctly?

The Version on Google Play is intended to be played on an Android device, BlueStacks is an Emulator which emulates an Android device on Windows as far as I know. So it *might* work properly, but there is no guarantee.

Actually there is a native Windows Version of ProjectY, but it is currently only for development (only I use it for easy debugging on Windows because I develop the game on Windows). It would definitly much better to use the native Windows version and not an emulator. But right now I don’t want to make the Windows developer version public. There is not even an installer or something like that.

What you says sounds appealing so I will think about making an installable Windows version. But if I make it, people would have to register here and join the closed beta to get it.

The thing is: If I release the Windows version, there will be a heap of new bugs specific to Windows users and it might create issues when Windows players play against Android players. And currently there is already a heap of bugs to fix on the todo list (and I’m the only dev)…

So for now Janno might be able to help you installing it on BlueStacks and for mid-term I will try to create a releasable Windows Version.

Thanks!

André

XxJANNOxX
    XxJANNOxX

Andre:said
    “What you says sounds appealing so I will think about making an installable Windows version. But if I make it, people would have to register here and join the closed beta to get it.”

——-

Skipjack:said
    “I bring with me a LARGE population (100+) of Kixeye’s War Commander population with me.”

——–

My replay to Andre:

If she brings 100 players over to project y, then them 100 players will bring anther 100 or more making it 10k players within the next few weeks if the first 100 liked project y. I know they will like it as i came from war commander to project y. After that it will only get better and you will need Skipjack as a mod in the future as your game will expand faster then you can make update. Also the war commander players are all about online battles just like me. 😉

Luminence Labs
    Luminence Labs

yeah, that’s a little bit of what i fear right now. there are still some serious bugs (some out of syncs and some crashes) and i think it would be hard to communicate that to so many players. the bugs have to be fixed before the rush starts ^^

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.